Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Let me tell you 'bout my best friend

Recently, my friends list has had an overhaul. I've noticed that the people I thought were my friends, we just people that I know. 've only just discovered what having a friend was like. She and I met 4 years ago when we worked together as cashiers at a retail store. We were scheduled together almost everyday. We both quit around the same time, lost touch, and only just started talking again. She has a tiny human(most people call them kids) that I adore. We have had beach days, gone shopping, and I even helped her move.

Its not the easiest thing to move a 2 bedroom apartment on the second floor, to another apartment on the second floor across town in 100 degree weather, all while trying to manage a 2 year old. However, our crazy selves made the most of it. We laughed the entire time. I don't think that there's another human that I could've had that much fun with. After taking 2 loads we stopped for dinner before we took a third load. After that we decided that we were done for the day and we kicked back and had a drink before going to bed and starting all over again the next morning.

She may be the best thing that could've happened to me. She showed me that not everyone in your life is good for you. I realized that the other friendships I had were a bit toxic and could only lead to bad things. I can't tell you how appreciative I am that my best friend lets me be apart of her life.



No comments :

Post a Comment