Monday, February 29, 2016

Tattoos!

Today has started the search for the perfect tattoo artist to complete my latest piece. I currently have only have a quarter sized butterfly on my wrist. I have found a few artists and have a couple consultations scheduled later this week and hopefully with get it done on Thursday.
I love tattoos so much. I think that they are stories of the people who "wear" them. I got my first tattoo at a time when my days were a little dark. I was a full time care giver and had pretty much uplifted my entire life to take care an elder family member after a car accident. It still serves as a reminder that I can handle a lot more than I think. I just have to have a little faith.
I thought that since my week is full of tattoos and those that create them I'd share some of the top tips that I have found or been told.
1. Once you've decided on a design, wait 6 months before actually getting it tattooed on your body. I like to take test runs, and have a friend draw a design in the location that I want the piece done; just to see how it looks.
2. Research, Research, Research! I can't stress this enough. Sure, you could walk into a shop and get the first person that's free to do your piece; but my thoughts and prayers are with you if that's the route you choose. Every artist has a different style of tattooing and if you don't find an artist who's good at producing what you want..... It's like waking up with a hangover. NOT FUN!
3. Don't be afraid to ask questions and communicate with your artist. For your artist to give you the best that they possibly can, they have to have a clear idea of what you are looking for.
4. Be prepared for a bit of pain. I went into the shop shaking; everyone in the shop could see it. I had read a billion posts on the best/worst places to get tattoos and was freaking out about how bad it would feel. There was even a post comparing the pain of a tattoo, to childbirth!
5. Stay sober before your visit. You will bleed a bit during your tattoo and consuming alcohol will not only cause you to bleed more, but if you are drunk and pick a design at random. You'll wake up with a double hangover.
Hope this helps anyone who is getting their first tattoo. I remember how nervous I was and most likely will be. Any of you have tattoos? How many? What of? I'd love to know
Later butterflies,
Skin

No comments :

Post a Comment