Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Lets Go To Wonderland

As a little girl I didn't really have a clear understanding of just how vast the world was. I saw a globe for the first time when I enrolled in school. As you progress through the years you learn about different parts of the world. I never had the urge to travel until recently. I'd like to think that one day I will be able to go where the wind blows me. When I was in 9th Grade, I learned about a woman who won the heart of a kind, birthed one of England's greatest monarchs, and has had a lasting impression on those who have taken the time to study her history.
 
While studying King Henry VIII in my world history class we were told that we would write a paper and then read it to the class. I wanted to research Katherine of Aragon. I thought that because she was King Henry's first wife, information would be easily accessible. Our teacher chose for us. I was given Anne Boleyn.
After this presentation I continued to learn about her and in 12th grade painted a likeness of her for my senior project. After all of this time I am still learning things about her.
 
I will now get to the point.
 
I'd like to think that I am a free spirit and I wish that I was able to go where ever the wind blew me.   I have just finished a book entitled In The Footsteps of Anne Boleyn. It's basically a map of her life. The authors, Sarah Morris and Natalie Grueninger, start from Anne's birth and lead you on the journeys that she took so many years ago. For a while now, I have dreamed about a trip to England. This book had re-inspired that want to travel and I can't help but want to take this book along. Start from the beginning and reread it along my own journey.
 
The world is such an incredible place. New adventures around every corner just waiting for us. Now you know mine. Where is one place in the world that you'd like to visit?
Sweetest of dreams Butterflies,
Skin

No comments :

Post a Comment